Friday, September 4, 2015

Reaper Bones Khael Stonekindle - Dwarf Wizard

This guy is Khael Stonekindle, a Reaper Bones miniature I purchased some time back.  I don't know when or where..as I am prone to sudden mini purchases anytime I'm in a game store around here.  How often do you see a dwarf wizard mini?  Not very often.


 Khael was painted using my under painting technique followed by lots of washes.  I tend to add a lot of shadow washes to my minis to make the bright areas stand out. Below is the underpainting:

He looks like a little Gandalf to me..but I did not have the desire to paint him up as Gandalf the Grey.




By the way, we have some pretty good game stores in San Diego these days.
  • Villainous Lairs is a very fun comic and game store in Normal Heights, with a very big room and lots of tables for gaming. They carry mostly Warhammer and a smattering of Reaper.
  • Game Empire in Clairemont is perhaps the oldest game store in town now.  They have a nice but loud game room with a lot of  loyal wargaming customers. They tend to keep the largest Reaper mini selection of any store around here.  
  • Another one nearby is At Ease Games, near the Marine Air Station.  That store is huge, new, and very well stocked on warhammer and Magic cards. The Reaper mini selection is not huge, but they seem to have a lot of  tabletop skirmish minis.  Apparently This store has a very large painting and crafting room in the back, which I missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment