Saturday, August 8, 2015

Reaper Bones Ice Troll

This mini came as part of Expansion Set #1 for the Reaper Bones Kickstarter II project.  I think that set had quite a few large monsters, which must be why I bought it.  I don't know exactly because my kids have ferreted away many of the good minis for their painting needs. Anyways, this ice troll throwing a chunk of ice is a really nice sculpt.



I did something new on this piece which I'm really excited about.  I primed the mini black.  I then under painted the mini in shades of black, white, and grey.  Next I painted on the colors in thin glazes, one after another using my Vallejo paints mixed with glaze medium. The results are very nice and the amount of time this saved me over my usual method of layering highlights is huge.  This mini only took me 8 hours, which for some of you is a lifetime, but for me this is like speed painting...


For the snow I just used a quick technique of mixing baking soda, white paint, and glue together and then brushing on.  It looks OK...not super.  This mini will go in the RPG figure box for use with our games.

I named him Krondar.

No comments:

Post a Comment