Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Reaper Bones Kickstarter Figure Case

I forgot that I had ordered this, along with a few miniatures, from the Reaper Bones Kickstarter a year ago. Needless to say I was really happy to hear from them when they sent out the mailing notice.  I did not get the Vampire package, which has over 100 miniatures, but I did get a few of the Pathfinder minis and the case below. 
When you open it up, you see the top tray with the open slots and the back of what  I call the middle tray. The slots seem to be for 25 mm miniatures which is weird since Reaper stuff is 28mm heroic scale and huge.


I immediately went about getting all my unpainted miniatures, as well as old paint jobs  from the 90's, from out from their boxes and into this huge case. In some cases I had to tear the foam to make a bigger compartment. For most minis, I stuck them in the slots tightly so that they did not move around. This may be bad on painted minis, as the foam may rub off paint. I will find out.  I'm sure the plastic Bones minis, which are not very heavy, will be fine in this case.

As you can see in this next photo, I have taken out the middle tray to show you the bottom tray. The bottom tray, with the red foam, was facing towards the side of the case when I first opened it. I flipped it over to face inward because I didn't want the miniatures banging on the side of the case if they slid out of the foam.  However, that move created a problem, because now the bottom or top trays would  face the middle tray without a foam barrier.


My partial solution to that problem was to add a sheet of foam as follows to the middle tray. Now the minis in it will not bang the minis in bottom tray, and I also don't have to face the side try to the side of the case. Perhaps there is a better way to do this...like putting this sheet of foam on the bottom between the case and the bottom tray.   I'd appreciate any advice.


By the way, the top tray is mostly populated with Ral Partha AD&D miniatures from the 1990's (painted and unpainted). The middle tray has some of my Reaper minis, along with all of my Dark Sword and Citadel models. Finally, the bottom tray has my Grenadier miniatures as well as some Red Box and Avatars of War guys.  Almost all of my painted miniatures are in display cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment