Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Gavin, Warrior Thief from Reaper Miniatures

Here's an oldie but a goodie.  Done around 3 years ago when I decided to experiment with the Non Metallic Metal (NMM) technique on the armor and sword.  I picked this mini because I liked the pose...it looks like he is disarming a trap on the ground or lifting a dead orc or something.

There are a couple of strange things about the mini and the pictures that I should mention.  One of Gavin's fingers got attacked and has not been repainted on the back side.  The tip of his sword has been attacked many times and needs a redo.  Finally, there are some shiny artifacts in the next image on the mini that must be a result of the light shooting off any shiny areas on the mini.

I really like how the sword turned out on him, much more than on the Ansel Paladin mini I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment