Thursday, May 2, 2013

Reaper Scorpions

I recently painted up these two critters as part of my dungeon vermin collection.  They might go well with the Fire Beetles.  I used some pictures from the Web to get ideas on scorpion coloration, in particular images that had more striking color combinations. A lot of scorpions are kind of monotone brown or yellow, and I did not  want these to look like that.

The scale of these scorpions will seem quite large to a normal 25mm or 28mm miniature.  I think Reaper minis are 28mm heroic scale...which seems like they come out as 30mm. That is Okay as far as I'm concerned.  Giant scorpions should be giant!

I couldn't figure out what to do with the base. I wanted to paint dungeon stones on it, but that did not look right.  I ended up painting them gray with a light wash of green.  All in all, they will be usefull minis for games.

No comments:

Post a Comment